NorthStar, a well-established and growing Chico, California company offers multi-disciplinary engineering, architecture, surveying, planning and environmental consulting services. We are looking for an additional Licensed Architect to join the NorthStar team.
Established in 1983, NorthStar is a certified small business with a team-centered approach to projects. We strive to enrich our team culture, build quality relationships, and provide responsive service.
Our design team is close-knit, working together to create buildings that have a positive impact on people in our community. We take a collaborative approach to finding amazing solutions to complex design issues.
If you would enjoy a professional position in a strong company, a beautiful area with excellent schools, varied outdoor activities and a livable pace, this could be your next opportunity!
The Architect II collaborates to drive timely completion of architecture projects from drawing production through construction. The Architect II is responsible for daily design and technical development of assigned projects, coordination and communication with consultant teams, obtaining project approvals and overseeing construction. The Architect II has project management responsibilities including supervising project resources.
• Prepares design drawings, specifications, estimates and other construction documents which provide the information used in obtaining bids and directing the building construction process;
• Interprets contracts, plans, maps, and other documents to determine scope of project and design parameters, projecting flow of design through all phases;
• Attends or conducts meetings with clients, contractors, agencies, and internal design team;
• Obtains project approvals and may oversee construction administration;
• Provides advanced knowledge of architectural practice, such as design, design phases, documentation, detailing, building materials, building codes, and construction technologies;
• Maintains coordination and communication with design team members through all phases; discusses, brainstorms, and collaborates with team members at each phase;
• Assists Department Manager in determining staffing required and assigns portions of project to team members; prioritizes tasks and makes necessary changes based on deadlines and other factors;
• Manages and coordinates consultants and architectural drawings; understands and can redline drawings for content;
• Establishes and ensures quality processes and metrics to ensure high-quality design results;
• Supervises project production; trains and mentors team members and resolves questions and concerns; leads team while engaging workers and promoting teamwork.
• A Bachelor or Master of Architecture degree from an accredited college or university
• State of California Architecture License or out-of-state license and NCARB certification
• 6+ years of experience in an architecture firm managing design and production of Multi-Family Housing, Commercial, K-12 or Hospital/Medical Office Building projects
• Advanced AutoCAD and Revit skills
• Leadership experience in a team-based environment
• Possession of valid California Driver’s License and clear DMV Report.
The successful Architect II has advanced knowledge of architectural practice, including design and production of Multi-Family Housing, Commercial, K-12, or Hospital/Medical Office Building projects. The Architect II will also be able to produce accurate, high-quality construction documents on time and under budget, utilizing Revit and AutoCAD. The Architect II must also have competent knowledge of California Building code, Title 24 Code Compliance and ADA regulations.
If this sounds like a position you would enjoy and a work environment you would be proud to join, please read on.
NorthStar offers competitive pay, based on relevant experience, and a full range of employee benefits. This is a full-time position with excellent total compensation package.
How to apply:
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer