Sprotte+Watson Architecture and Planning, Inc. is an established north San Diego County architectural firm in its 25th year of business. As architects specializing in High Performance K-12 facilities, we are looking for motivated individuals who want to make a positive impact in architecture and education. Sprotte+Watson offers competitive compensation that is commiserate with professional experience and skill level. The firm has professional growth opportunities and excellent benefits; including medical, dental and vision coverage, a 401 K program, bonus incentives and paid holiday and vacations.
• Architectural Degree from an accredited university
• Architectural license within USA
• Three years minimum experience as a licensed Architect
• Strong technical skills – ability to produce comprehensive construction documents and technical details
• Leadership and people skills necessary to supervise other staff and coordinate with consulting team.
• Possess strong written and verbal skills; able to write and communicate proposals, RFI Responses, Meeting Records, Change Orders, etc.
• Excellent work ethic; Exhibits sound, practical, professional judgment at all times
• Software knowledge: Skilled in AutoCAD and Revit Softwares, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and FastTrack Scheduling Softwares.
• K-12 Educational experience is a plus
• Experience with Sketch-Up and My Lumion Software is a plus
• Experience writing and editing specifications is a plus
As a pivotal position, responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Oversee all phases of a project (from design, approvals, bid, construction and closeout)
• Collaborate closely with firm Principals; serve as a primary contact with client and approval agencies
• Coordinate the A/E consulting team in support of the project, schedule and budget.
• Develop documentation and project records as required
• Work closely with staff in developing the design and contract documents; mentor staff as required
• Collaborate and work effectively with Contractors and governing agencies
• Understand professional and contract liabilities
• Manage project budgets, schedules, staffing and billing
• Cover Letter
• Resume of Educational and Employment History
• References (minimum 3)
How to Apply:
• Email cover letter with resume and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Please, no phone call inquiries about this position
• Please do not contact us with unsolicited services, offers or other commercial interests